- Salary: Competitive
- Department: Software
- Location: Caerphilly/Remote
- Position Length: Full Time
Nextbase produces award winning Dash Cams. We are looking for a Firmware Engineer who would like to develop their skills in embedded software to complement our team in China. Existing and new products are increasing in their firmware complexity and depth and this new role has been identified in order to keep up with the ever more demand upon the firmware generation process.
A suitable candidate duties include the validation and tuning of production firmware in close cooperation with the engineering departments in China & the development of embedded software prototypes as well as source code review. You will also improve existing specifications, test cases, clarify gaps and push the implementation schedule with engineers.
On a daily basis, you will review the scheduled tasks from Jira tickets and progress each open item to either a conclusion to deliver the result, or identify any blocking obstacle which then needs to be highlighted to Nextbase Management in order to resolve.
Jira tickets may involve solving an identified problem using a variety of resources within one or multiple organisations to achieve the final result. A diplomatic, but firm approach to achieve the end result is therefore required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Has strong knowledge of C language programming for embedded platforms (ARM, RTOS, Linux)
- Has experience in conducting source code review and deploying formal coding standards
- Has strong analytical skills to identify bug root causes & identify potential solutions
- Is experienced in performance tuning & debugging on embedded devices
- Has experience using version control systems (Git)
- Is detail oriented and shows commitment to improving working practices and software quality
- Is familiar with the use of continuous integration (CI) techniques for automated software build
- Has good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Familiarity with the Ambarella platform (A12, H22)
- Experience in tuning Wi-Fi / Bluetooth stack of a Linux system
- Experience in developing embedded devices which have connected companion apps
- Has basic knowledge of web technologies like JSON, HTML
- Experience working with & co-ordinating remote teams
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org